Friday, July 21, 2006

What is Roosh Like?

Does anyone else hear voices in their head? I'm sure I'm not the only one. It isn't really just a voice, it is my voice, and sometimes when my thoughts are wandering I will hear the voice clearly asking "What is Roosh like?" It is like sometimes I'm not even defined enough for myself to know who I am...

I am tiring of myself. Like when I tire of my house because of all the clutter- I am tired of the clutter in my head and I need to have a good spring/summer/fall cleaning up there.

One thing I'm looking to send to Good Will or maybe just the dump is my cynicism. It is out of control, useless. A burden. I find that the people I have the most admiration for are the least cynical, the most positive and open... For example, I do not know Karen but I adore her- I can lose myself in her blog for hours even though I've read many of the posts before. I love her photographs and I love that she takes the time to do something so beautiful. She seems so happy. It only helps my assessment of her life that she lives in the Caribbean, that her husband is such a cutie and that they seem so perfect for each other, and that their daughter, Alex, is possibly the most adorable child to ever walk the earth. But beyond all of that, she seems happy and at peace. I admire that- and while I realize that the reality of life means that there are likely days that she is cranky or uncertain or moody or cluttered in the head like me - I would imagine to a lesser degree on all counts, the self-portraits show a woman who has a peace that I am currently lacking.

Anyway, I think that I need to just do some good spring cleaning up in my head. I think that while I'm there I may uncover keys to the big questions in my life. But, like any good spring cleaning, I'm expecting to create more mess temporarily while sort through everything up there. Maybe I'll find the answer to the question "What is Roosh like?"...

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

If you are not feeling happy with your life then I would agree you probably need to do some cleaning of some sort. From your last post it sounds like you need to work a little more on your childfree status, whether that will be permanent perhaps? There's no crime in changing your mind...

July 25, 2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home